Friday, January 19, 2007

Anybody Have A Big Garage?

by Brad Sutton

Life in media relations is tough to describe. When people find out what I do, they always ask me to describe a typical day. Well, truth is, there is no such thing as a typical day. Today, for example, we’re trying to solve a couple of puzzles, so-to-speak.

For tomorrow’s men’s basketball game, UTEP is bringing TV, English radio and Spanish radio. With a set amount of media seating, we just have to figure out where to put everyone, while taking care of our radio, the Morning News, Daily Campus, PonyFans, pro scouts, et cetera. Luckily, we got that one solved.

The biggest problem (literally) now is the 60-foot production truck that came in a day early. With all the snow headed for west Texas, they wanted to make sure they got out ahead of the storm and now need a place to park the thing here at SMU. If I go out for lunch, I can barely find a place to park my car when I come back. Where the heck am I going to put a 60-foot truck? (No jokes, please)




Oh well. Gotta figure something out. Better make some calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home