Thursday, November 30, 2006

We Are Committed

Let me start off by saying this – we remain fully committed to building a winning football program at SMU. During my annual end-of-season evaluation of the football program, I identified many areas that improved and Coach Bennett presented a plan that will allow us to continue to improve. I am convinced that Coach Bennett is capable of implementing this plan that will help us reach our goals of going to bowls, winning conference championships and returning to the top 25.

As the Director of Athletics, I know that we did not reach our goals in 2006. Coach Bennett and I both said before the season that we should reach a bowl we both still think we should have reached that goal. But while we didn’t quite get there, I think we did continue to improve.

The future is bright for SMU football. For the third straight year, we improved our win total and our overall talent level continues to increase. We have a great nucleus returning (nine offensive starters and seven on defense), including C-USA Freshman of the Year Justin Willis and four other student-athletes that were named to a C-USA-high six spots on the All-Freshman team.

There is a commitment to winning on the Hilltop and I truly believe that we are ready to take that next step. Stay tuned for updates on our plan and check back soon for info on all our other great sports on the Hilltop.

Saddle up with the Mustangs – there’s about to be a stampede toward success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home